Service companies are trying to move to electronic model of providing services. Paper based operation is too slow to address customer concerns. Field Force Tracker is the most comprehensive software for field service management. It takes care of everything from customer management to the payment collection for a service company. By using this software, our clients can see major improvement in their productivity and the customer satisfaction.
In Part One of our article, on deploying cloud based mobile field service software, we saw how the cloud and the mobile applications have both brought great benefits to implementing a best of breed field service solution over an on-premise enterprise application.
We looked at the following advantages delivered by choosing cloud-based, made-for-mobile, best-of-breed applications:
- IMPLEMENT FASTER
- GET THE LATEST FEATURES AND FUNCTIONS
- LEVERAGE INDUSTRY KNOWLEDGE
- PROMOTE BUSINESS FLEXIBILITY
Here in Part Two we look at the following advantages of best of breed applications.
- REDUCE RISK OF IMPLEMENTATION
The modular implementation approach utilized by cloud-based, best-of-breed application providers offers companies a valuable way to improve business operations without incurring significant risk. Because implementations effect only a portion of an organization, if a problem should occur, the large majority of business transactions remain unaffected.
Cloud-based, best-of-breed solutions:
- Are modular. Therefore, should an existing solution fail to meet business requirements, it can be replaced by a similar module, and supplier without significant impact to the business.
- Use APIs to integrate with other applications. Should a problem occur, only users of that application module are affected. This reduces the impact of what in the past, were server, storage, network, or software outages.
- INCREASE SYSTEM RELIABILITY
Application reliability and availability are critical components in any business software solution. Cloud-based, best-of-breed applications address these needs using advanced, geographically dispersed hosting solutions (like AWS – Amazon Web Services) and state-of-the-art cloud architectures designed to handle hundreds of thousands of transactions quickly and efficiently.
However, for company managers, best-of-breed applications offer an additional system reliability benefit – a reduction in application maintenance windows. Because best-of-breed solutions impact only specific organizations, maintenance (if required) requirements impact only specific users – not every organization and every process in the company. As a result, maintenance windows are reduced and application reliability and availability increased.
- Incorporate the latest in web design technologies which enables them to handle hundreds of thousands of transactions quickly, efficiently and reliably.
- Use the latest in web hosting services (AWS) with geographically dispersed instances to ensure high availability and fast, responsive application performance.
- Enable companies to perform application maintenance (if required) in shorter time periods that effect fewer users. This helps them improve overall application availability and reliability.
- BOOST COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE
Taking advantage of a new market or business opportunity often requires companies to move quickly – incorporating new suppliers, adapting processes to meet new business requirements and reshaping how affected organizations address the needs of their customers. Companies that rely on cloud-based, best-of-breed applications are best prepared for market change.
Best-of-breed applications enable companies to implement new services or capabilities quickly. Leveraging applications designed specifically for the new market or business opportunity, they can capture market share faster. The best-of-breed approach also allows them to implement more efficient processes – based on new application features and functions – that provide competitive advantage.
Cloud-based, best-of-breed applications:
- Enable companies to be first movers in entering new markets.Their modular design and open APIs allow companies to add new capabilities for specific groups or organizations that need them – without impacting the business.
- Help companies gain competitive advantage through new features in the application(s) or enhanced processes supported by the application.
- IMPROVE PROCESSES
Every field service organization is striving to increase the productivity of their staff. One of the most common ways to increase productivity is through improved processes. Cloud-based, best-of-breed applications allow companies to improve business processes – one organization at a time. As a result, processes can be adapted and adopted more quickly and with less risk to the organization.
Cloud-based, best-of-breed solutions:
- Allow companies to take advantage of process improvements to increase productivity and profitability.
- Reduce the risk of changes in processes by limiting their impact to specific groups or functions within the organization.
Field Force Tracker simplifies field service management. The seamless integration of our mobile and web-based field service solutions, speed of implementation and ease of use will mean you are up and running immediately, so your business doesn’t standstill.
Mobile enabled, cloud-based field service software was designed to provide ease of use with incredible flexibility. Along with the ease – and speed – of our implementation and the ongoing support service that we provide we enable companies to take full advantage of today’s mobile field service.
Field Force Tracker’s power mobile apps for iPhone and Android are available to all new and existing Field Force Tracker customers. They can extend the feature set with the enhanced mobile forms capabilities, and better system integration. Field Force Tracker, a mobile enabled web-based field service management software, streamlines technician scheduling, dispatch, customer management, vendor and employee management, work orders, equipment maintenance, inventory tracking, contracts, estimates, invoices, payments and accounting. It is considered one of the most feature rich software of its kind.
About Field Force Tracker
Force Tracker (http://www.fieldforcetracker.com) is a leading global provider of its award winning mobile workforce solutions for service-based businesses of all sizes delivered as software-as-a-service (SaaS). Its solutions enable businesses of all sizes (from 1 user to 10,000 users) to meet the challenges associated with managing and running complex service operations. It helps in improving the productivity of their mobile workforce.
With Field Force Tracker customers can create service schedule and route quickly, dispatch sooner, collect correct information at once in the field and invoice faster. The field service software makes it easy for users to eliminate waste, get more done in less time and be more profitable.
Field Force Tracker is a wholly owned unit of Rapidsoft Systems Inc. (http://www.rapidsoftsystems.com). Rapidsoft Systems, Inc. has its main office in Princeton, NJ, USA, a US R&D Center in Mercerville NJ, and sales, support and development offices in Palo Alto, CA, USA, Singapore, Dubai (UAE), Bombay, and Noida (India).